Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Days at the Treasury

We got right down to business at the Treasury office. On the first day we were shown our desks and almost immediately put to work. Since then, more has kept coming. It's kept me completely busy. I am in a desk right next to my fellow BYU intern, so that has helped somewhat with the adjustment. It is very exciting to be at the Treasury with so much going on in the world right now. Much of my time is spent reading and learning about everything going on economically in the Western Hemisphere. Some of the things we are doing I haven't studied for a year or two so I've found myself fairly busy in the evenings trying to review and study up. It turns out to be only a 15 minute walk from the Barlow Center to the front door of the Treasury. At the end of the walk we go right past the White House. We have to push our way through all the elementary school kids taking big group pictures. Right now I'm just working hard. My summer vacation was short-lived. Whispers of swine flu are everywhere here, as is probably the case back home. I can't help but feel that there is a lot of misinformation and hysteria driving everyone's actions. Still, it is unsettling to be in such a large city (so close to New York) at the same time the World Health Organization calls a flu pandemic imminent. I guess only time will tell how serious this actually is.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. I love you and I love that you're my husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking to see if there is anything new. Loved reading your description of what you do at the treasury. I think it's great that you are an avid reader and sound thinker. I like getting to know you through your writing. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete