Saturday, April 25, 2009

I took some time to tour around town today. I really enjoyed being by myself for awhile. I went to the Library of Congress first. It was an incredible place. I found out that to use the reading rooms I need a library card, but a worker said I can get one if I have a research project. I'll try and think of a good research project next week and get myself a card. This first picture is me in front of the Supreme Court. No one showed up for the protest I was organizing, but the weather was great so it turned out to be okay.


This is a Southern Magnolia tree. When I saw it, I was reminded of all the magnolia trees near Camille's home and I was sad for a little while.

This is the previously mentioned Library of Congress. The Library of Congress actually spans three buildings. This is the more popular one. I was able to go through Thomas Jefferson's personal library and tour a Mesoamerican exhibit.
I picked out a bench here on Capitol Hill and spent some time reading Kurt Vonnegut. After that I met up with my good pal David Trichler. We went to a giant fountain/pool and spent some time catching up. I walked around Chinatown for some time looking for a good noodle place, but I ended up eating Mexican instead. At least the street sign in front of the restaurant was in Chinese. I listened to ESPN's Pardon the Interruption podcast while I ate which was sort of cool since I was right across the street the home of the Washington Post. I'm pretty sure that's where the podcast is recorded. My Washington dream would be to meet the hosts Michael Wilbon or Tony Kornheiser while I'm out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment