Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mt Vernon

I know it's been a long time since my last post. Hopefully not everyone has given up on the blog. Friday I took a trip down to Mt. Vernon. It was great to see the home of George Washington, but not great to pay the $15 entrance fee. I've been so spoiled on all the free historic sites around the city, that it seemed a little overpriced. I enjoyed the home and the grounds, but I did not enjoy being herded around from one spot to the next as part of their tour. I much prefer being able to explore things on my own. I was able to do that when walking around the farm and grounds. It was one of those "must-do" experiences. I've put several pictures below from the trip.

In front of Mt. Vernon

Closer View and Friends

Plotting our next move and view of Potomac


George Washington's Tomb

Another view of the tomb. Should I really be smiling in this picture?

Dock on the Potomac, still at Mt. Vernon

Taking a break

1 comment:

  1. looks like you are having fun! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete